Sunday, June 28, 2009

Slacker Mom?

(Written February 2007)

Slacker Mom?
So, I've been slacking in the Blog department. Big deal...there is life outside my internet. The possibility is HUGE that I may have slacked in the Mom department today.

Morning times are not the highlight of the females in this household. We are all grumpy girls when the sun's rays peek over the horizon. Thirty minutes is the average wake up time to get us to roll out of bed, which means I have to start at 6:00 a.m. to have everyone awake by 6:30 a.m. A few decibels shy of a fog horn, the blaring Contemporary Christian radio station has occasionally produced a few happy sleepyheads. For the most part, it just doesn't happen.

Holleigh Hobby, my 7 year old princess, proves to be the most difficult one to wake. She has recently invested (my money, of course) in a furry, sleeping eye mask. The front reads: "Go Away!" This sums up Holleigh's morning personality completely.

She doesn't want to wake up, dress, or go to school. She hates school...or so she says. Holleigh wants to homeschool. Why does she want to homeschool? So she can wake up late and be finished with school work early. A little princess's dream come true!

Well, if you can't homeschool, there is one way to be able to stay at home--

"Mama, my tummy hurts."

"It does?"

"Yes, Mam."

"Do you think maybe you are hungry?"

(Shrugs shoulders)

"Try eating a little and see if you feel better."

"My tummy still hurts."

"Well, go crawl back in the bed. You need your rest, no television, go back to sleep."

At this point, I am almost certain, I see a smile creep up from behind that long, brown hair. Off she goes, back to bed, with a promise that she will be taken to school at the first sign of feeling better.

Five minutes after the bus totes the older two girls off to school, Holleigh is miraculously healed. Did Holleigh ever make it to school? Nah, I'm a sucker.

Posted on February 01, 2007 in ...That's Just Life! Permalink

No comments: