Thursday, January 08, 2004

January 8, 2004 9:42 AM
Days later. . .
It's been a couple of days since my last post--but I've been a little busy. I've been at work--still nights right now, but that will change in the upcoming weeks. So--I sleep all day! Not much exciting has happened until last night. Last night's excitement was enough to last me for a while!The Evil Knievel of our family, AKA: Haleigh, 6 years old, decided she wanted some apple to eat. We were at my MIL's house, and her grandma cut her an apple to eat. I guess Haleigh decided she wanted some more! This being my wild child, probably the reason I did not have a boy---she is wild enough! She took it upon herself to cut some more apple! I had laid on the couch and dozed off(I had worked the night before and had not had any sleep--going for 24+ hours straight!) When I laid down, all 3 girls were watching cartoons and eating supper. Grandma had cooked us supper. She said Haleigh wanted an apple after supper, so she cut her one. Anyway, Haleigh decided she wanted more and pulled a knife out of the drawer and evidently stuck the knife thru the apple on thru to her fingers. The knife cut in the web part of the fingers between index and middle fingers. I woke up to her screaming "what happend to my hand!" Blood was gushing everywhere--all over my MIL's new tile floor and carpet(light-colored!) I've never seen so much blood on my child! After I rinsed her hand, I could kind of tell what she did! So we wrapped her hand, held pressure, and off we went to the ER of the hospital where I work (wonderful-this is the only child that has had more than one ER visit--that is a different story which also happened at the MIL's house!) Anyway, they gave her three stitches and put a bandaid on her hand. I am so thankful it was not worse! I have seen worse at the ER when I've worked down there! Haleigh was such a big girl! The doc injected a deadening med several times and Haleigh screamed, but laid still. Most kids would have been thrashing and not laid there. I was so proud of my baby! After her hand was numb, he sewed her up---she just sniffled during that! She has decided not to use knives anymore...maybe she learned her lesson!

No comments: